1) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Submitted Homework 5.
2) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Videos of week 6 released.
3) Linear and Integer Programming: Week 6 videos released.
4) Linear and Integer Programming: Finished watching week 5 video lectures and starting to work on homework 5. This assignment is consisted of 3 multiple choice questions and 1 programming question that needs to solve by a solver and my favorite solver is Octave.
5) Human Computer Interaction course started on Tuesday. I downloaded video lectures of the first two weeks to my android smartphone and will watch them whenever I have time.
6) Introduction to Recommender System: As predicted earlier, I was too lazy to write up homework assignment 3 and did not turn it in. This action costs me 6 marks and hurts my chance of earning Certificate of Completion. I better start homework assignment 4 early and not miss future homework assignments.
7) CS1156: Learning From Data: Submitted Homework 1 and the total score is 9/10. The final grade does not tell the whole story because I worked really hard to get the PLA code to work correctly in Python and LionSolver. The questions asked students to calculate disagreement that is the P(f != g); I took advice from class forum and calculated the probability by Monte Carlo method. If Homework 2 is any harder, I should look for online references and machine learning references at nearby public library. Did I mention it is a first-year undergraduate course? (Sigh)
8) M101JS: MongoDB for Node.js Developers: Certification of Completion issued today (2013-10-09) Thanks Andrew and the staff of MongoDB for teaching these courses for free. Now, I understand why MongoDB gains so much hype in IT industry and it is really the next big thing.
9) Attended week 3 of IOS Course.
10) Attended week 2 of Windows 8 App Development Course.
1) Linear and Integer Programming: Week 4 videos and Homework 4 released.
2) Recommender System: Submitted Written Assignment 2 and Programming Assignment 1. Written Assignment 1 was peer-graded and surprisingly my grade is 6/6.
3) Recommender System: Watching lecture videos of module 3 and I have absolutely no clue how to tackle written assignment 3 and programming assignment 2. Module 3 is about content-based recommender that talks about user preferences, attributes and items. As usual, I have to watch the videos repeatedly until the concepts become clear to me.
4) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Unit 4 videos released and the topic is Alphabet Soup (What the heck does that mean?). I find this course boring and may consider to give it up to concentrate on current courses and upcoming machine learning course.
5) M101J: MongoDB for Java Developers: Final exam was autograded today (2013-09-24) and my fear became reality, I got question 5 wrong again (this is starting to get on my nerve). I better watch the answer video before I attempt M101JS final examination before deadline.
6) M101JS: MongoDB for Node.js Developers: Week 7 videos and final exam released today (2013-09-24).
1) Linear and Integer Programming: Watched week 2 video lectures (Simplex Method).
2) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Watched week 2 video lectures (Dublin Core).
3) Introduction to Recommender System: Submitted Written Assignment 1
4) Linear and Integer Programming: Submitted Pivoting Assignment #1. Still need to do Program the Pivot: part 1 and part 2 (Will use Scala to complete the assignment because I need to brush up the language before Reactive Programming course commences in November).
5) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Submitted Homework 2 and earned 15/15 in third attempt (Thanks to the hints from TA and fellow classmates).
6) Introduction to Recommender System: Begin to watch week 2 video lectures.
7) M102: MongoDB for DBA – Downloaded Certification of Completion and joined LinkedIn M102 Alumni Group.
8) M101JS: MongoDB for Node JS Developers – Completed Homework 5 (Aggregation).
9) M101J: MongoDB for Java Developers – Completed Final Exam tonight (2013-09-12). Questions will be graded on September 24, 2013 and I aim at 9/10. I am confident of my answers except question 5. I got it wrong in M101P exam and did not bother to watch the answer video. The same question appears again and I have no idea which options to choose.
All MongoDB university courses are great and I hope many people feel the same way I do.
10) Continue to work on my simple Android Application.
— Create an activity to load Fevawork course pages in WebView. The WebView shows progress status during page loading and built-in zoom tool to enable user to resize page. Moreover, the activity listens to backspace and triggers WebView to return to previous page if previous page exists.
— TODO: Load course records from sqlite database and implement operations to add, delete update courses.
6) M102 Final Exam is graded and final mark is calculated. My final exam mark is 11 out of 12 and final course grade is 96%, good for distinction. Now, I patiently wait for course survey and invitation to LinkedIn M102 Alumi Group.
7) Completed M101J Homework 6 (Application Engineering). They give us Homework 6 of M101P and even the validation script is Python.
8) Completed M101JS Homework 4 (Performance). HW4 of M101P is reused in this course and I am a little disappointed because I expect different questions from the instructor and tutor.
9) Continue to work on my simple Android Application.
– Add 3 tabs and each tab is consisted of a list view and list view item is customized to display image view and text view.
– Add intent to call my mobile phone
– Add intent to send email to my Gmail account.