1) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Submitted Homework 7.
2) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Videos of week 8 released.
3) Linear and Integer Programming: Week 9 videos released.
4) Linear and Integer Programming: Finished watching week 8 video lectures, completed homework 8 and programming assignment 4.
5) Human Computer Interaction: Watched week 4 video lectures and submitted Quiz 2.
6) Signed up on Princeton’s Algorithm II course
7) Working on Android side project: write an application for jewelry store, Bluestone Crystal Accessories
8) Attended lesson 3 and 4 of IPhone Development Course. Still need to do bring home exercises before lesson 5 of IPhone Development Course.
1) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Submitted Homework 5.
2) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Videos of week 6 released.
3) Linear and Integer Programming: Week 6 videos released.
4) Linear and Integer Programming: Finished watching week 5 video lectures and starting to work on homework 5. This assignment is consisted of 3 multiple choice questions and 1 programming question that needs to solve by a solver and my favorite solver is Octave.
5) Human Computer Interaction course started on Tuesday. I downloaded video lectures of the first two weeks to my android smartphone and will watch them whenever I have time.
6) Introduction to Recommender System: As predicted earlier, I was too lazy to write up homework assignment 3 and did not turn it in. This action costs me 6 marks and hurts my chance of earning Certificate of Completion. I better start homework assignment 4 early and not miss future homework assignments.
7) CS1156: Learning From Data: Submitted Homework 1 and the total score is 9/10. The final grade does not tell the whole story because I worked really hard to get the PLA code to work correctly in Python and LionSolver. The questions asked students to calculate disagreement that is the P(f != g); I took advice from class forum and calculated the probability by Monte Carlo method. If Homework 2 is any harder, I should look for online references and machine learning references at nearby public library. Did I mention it is a first-year undergraduate course? (Sigh)
8) M101JS: MongoDB for Node.js Developers: Certification of Completion issued today (2013-10-09) Thanks Andrew and the staff of MongoDB for teaching these courses for free. Now, I understand why MongoDB gains so much hype in IT industry and it is really the next big thing.
9) Attended week 3 of IOS Course.
10) Attended week 2 of Windows 8 App Development Course.
1) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Submitted Homework 4.
2) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Video of week 5 released.
3) Linear and Integer Programming: Submitted week 4 programming assignment. The level of difficulty keeps increasing in each programming assignment. Longer time is spent to augment code, debug program logic, run test cases and verify results. I pray to God that I have the strength and determination to go through the rigid schedule and materials in the next five weeks.
4) Linear and Integer Programming: Week 5 videos released but I still need to watch week 4 video lectures and attempt week 4 assignment. Damn, I am falling behind.
5) Linear and Integer Programming: Watched all week 4 video lectures and submitted homework assignment. The assignment is manageable because it is consisted of four short questions.
6) CS1156: Learning From Data started today and I already face issue. The tool, LionSolver, that is useful to solving homework assignments does not run on Linux platform. As a result, I have to install Wine on my ubuntu machine and run LionSolver in it. Thankfully, Oct 1 is public holiday in HK and I will use the extra free time to install software and watch some videos
7) CS1156: Week 1 already has two video lectures that play in the duration of 3 hours and 15 minutes. Homework has 10 multi choice questions that look difficult. I attempted 4 questions and got 3 right (sweat in my palms) and 6 to go.
7) M101JS: MongoDB for Node.js Developers: 10/10 in final exam and 100% overall grade.
8) M101J: MongoDB for Java Developers: Certification of Completion issued today (2013-10-03).
1) MetaData: Organizing and Discovering Information: Must watch week 4 videos over the weekend because homework is due next Thursday (Oct 3).
3) Installed Ubuntu OS on my laptop last night and insanely using “apt-get install” command to install development tools and packages(git, python, octave and many more).
1) Linear and Integer Programming: Week 4 videos and Homework 4 released.
2) Recommender System: Submitted Written Assignment 2 and Programming Assignment 1. Written Assignment 1 was peer-graded and surprisingly my grade is 6/6.
3) Recommender System: Watching lecture videos of module 3 and I have absolutely no clue how to tackle written assignment 3 and programming assignment 2. Module 3 is about content-based recommender that talks about user preferences, attributes and items. As usual, I have to watch the videos repeatedly until the concepts become clear to me.
4) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Unit 4 videos released and the topic is Alphabet Soup (What the heck does that mean?). I find this course boring and may consider to give it up to concentrate on current courses and upcoming machine learning course.
5) M101J: MongoDB for Java Developers: Final exam was autograded today (2013-09-24) and my fear became reality, I got question 5 wrong again (this is starting to get on my nerve). I better watch the answer video before I attempt M101JS final examination before deadline.
6) M101JS: MongoDB for Node.js Developers: Week 7 videos and final exam released today (2013-09-24).