1) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Submitted Homework 5.
2) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Videos of week 6 released.
3) Linear and Integer Programming: Week 6 videos released.
4) Linear and Integer Programming: Finished watching week 5 video lectures and starting to work on homework 5. This assignment is consisted of 3 multiple choice questions and 1 programming question that needs to solve by a solver and my favorite solver is Octave.
5) Human Computer Interaction course started on Tuesday. I downloaded video lectures of the first two weeks to my android smartphone and will watch them whenever I have time.
6) Introduction to Recommender System: As predicted earlier, I was too lazy to write up homework assignment 3 and did not turn it in. This action costs me 6 marks and hurts my chance of earning Certificate of Completion. I better start homework assignment 4 early and not miss future homework assignments.
7) CS1156: Learning From Data: Submitted Homework 1 and the total score is 9/10. The final grade does not tell the whole story because I worked really hard to get the PLA code to work correctly in Python and LionSolver. The questions asked students to calculate disagreement that is the P(f != g); I took advice from class forum and calculated the probability by Monte Carlo method. If Homework 2 is any harder, I should look for online references and machine learning references at nearby public library. Did I mention it is a first-year undergraduate course? (Sigh)
8) M101JS: MongoDB for Node.js Developers: Certification of Completion issued today (2013-10-09) Thanks Andrew and the staff of MongoDB for teaching these courses for free. Now, I understand why MongoDB gains so much hype in IT industry and it is really the next big thing.
9) Attended week 3 of IOS Course.
10) Attended week 2 of Windows 8 App Development Course.
1) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Submitted Homework 4.
2) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Video of week 5 released.
3) Linear and Integer Programming: Submitted week 4 programming assignment. The level of difficulty keeps increasing in each programming assignment. Longer time is spent to augment code, debug program logic, run test cases and verify results. I pray to God that I have the strength and determination to go through the rigid schedule and materials in the next five weeks.
4) Linear and Integer Programming: Week 5 videos released but I still need to watch week 4 video lectures and attempt week 4 assignment. Damn, I am falling behind.
5) Linear and Integer Programming: Watched all week 4 video lectures and submitted homework assignment. The assignment is manageable because it is consisted of four short questions.
6) CS1156: Learning From Data started today and I already face issue. The tool, LionSolver, that is useful to solving homework assignments does not run on Linux platform. As a result, I have to install Wine on my ubuntu machine and run LionSolver in it. Thankfully, Oct 1 is public holiday in HK and I will use the extra free time to install software and watch some videos
7) CS1156: Week 1 already has two video lectures that play in the duration of 3 hours and 15 minutes. Homework has 10 multi choice questions that look difficult. I attempted 4 questions and got 3 right (sweat in my palms) and 6 to go.
7) M101JS: MongoDB for Node.js Developers: 10/10 in final exam and 100% overall grade.
8) M101J: MongoDB for Java Developers: Certification of Completion issued today (2013-10-03).
1) Linear and Integer Programming: Submitted part 1 and part 2 of Week 2 programming assignment. Both parts are written in Scala and borrow matrix concepts taught in Coding the Matrix course.
2) Coding the Matrix: Statement of Accomplishment with Distinction received today (2013-09-16). The final grade is 99.8% and I forgot I lost 0.2% in week 1 assignment.
3) Linear and Integer Programming: Week 3 videos and Homework 3 released. This week covers simplex method and auxiliary problem.
4) Linear and Integer Programming: Completed Homework 3 (2013-09-20). Use my favorite solver, Octave, to solve question 1, 2, 4 and 5.
5) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Unit 3 videos released and the topic is how to build a metadata schema using Dublin Core, HTML and XML as examples. Finally, something I can relate to because I have working experience in XML and HTML technologies.
6) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Completed Homework 3 and earned 15/15 in my third attempt (2013-09-20).
7) Recommender System: Videos of Module 3 were released. I am just going to audit this course because my schedule is packed once again.
8) Signed up on CaltechX: CS1156x: Learning From Data . I hope I don’t drop it like I dropped Saas II. I heard it is an excellent machine learning course (probably as good as Andrew Ng’s machine learning course at Coursera).
9) M101JS: MongoDB for Node.js Developers: Week 6 Homework was released in the past Tuesday. I completed the first 4 questions last night and finished the fifth one today (2013-09-20).
10) Learn to install unbuntu 13.04 on Virtual Box because I need it to complete the last assignment and final exam of M101JS: MongoDB for Node JS Developers.
11) An ex-colleague introduced Vagrant to me and it offers a quick way to set up ubuntu 64-bit in Virtual box.
1) Completed Coding Matrix Week 7 lab and Homework. Done with the course and wait for the issuance of the certificate.
2) Completed M102 Homework 6. Final Exam will be held next week.
3) Completed M101J Homework 4. Midway through the course.
4) Completed M101JS Homework 2. I am new to Node JS and need to refer to lesson examples to write Node JS programs to perform CRUD operation on MongoDB.
5) Upgrade to MongoDB 2.4.6 in local machine
1) Completed Quiz 1. 5 out of 7, decent score.
2) Did not submit Homework 1. Too busy currently and have to drop the course. I downloaded lecture videos of week 2 and 3 and will watch them when I have time.
1) No progress so far. Will watch videos of lecture 2 next week. The course is self-paced, so no pressure to meet deadline.
1) Learning how to write JAX-RS web service to retrieve JPA entities from H2 database.
2) Get an overview of Twitter Bootstrap and Knockout JS.