1) Complete Year 1 semester 2 and 3, and Year 2 Semester 1 despite heavy course work load
2) Attend my second Hong Kong Open Source Conference held at HKSTP
3) Attend inaugural PyCon HK 2015 Day 1 and 2 held at Cyberport
4) Join events organized by Open Source Hong Kong, Codeaholics, Open Innovation Lab and Hong Kong Node JS respectively
5) Continuously to learn MEAN stack. Firebase and open source tools (Grunt, Gulp, Bower, Yeoman)
7) Good health
8) Build a toy project that tracks down my event attendance; something that actually benefits me.
9) Met a PolyU classmate who shares the passion of web technology and accept my invitation to attend meetup.
10) Completed my only MOOC course in Udacity, Web tools and automation.
Goals next year :
1) Graduate next year
2) Go on my first vacation in three years
3) Read about HTML5 and CSS3 and practice Angular 1.x/2
4) Attend HKOSC 2016 (?), PyCon HK 2016 (?) and definitely TW JS Conf 2016 (Buy ticket early)
5) Try to speak clearly and communicate effectively with family, friends and colleagues
6) Enrol and finish at least 1 MOOC course. Udacity has many free courses that aim at web developers and Android developers.
1) Programming Cloud Services for Android Handheld Systems: Verified Certificated issued with final grade 99.5. Verified Certificate
2) Usable Security: Watched week 3 video lectures and submitted Week 3 quiz.
3) Mining Massive Datasets: Enrolled into the course late. I have downloaded week 1 and 2 videos but too busy with Poly U homework projects to begin watching them.
4) COMP5111 – Database Management:
Set up structure of PHP project
Implement student login and logout functionality
Implement change password function to fulfill update requirement
Add skeleton PHP code to return dummy student history and render the results student page using JQuery Ajax call
5) COMP5122 – E-Commerce fundamental and development:
Use Maven 3 to create a Spring MVC project
Deploy the project to tomcat 6 server in Poly U and it can run successfully
6) Order Mama Demo in collaboration with Roger Tang
Can retrieve Facebook posts and show them in endless list adapter
Can display number of likes and comment count for a specific post
Can retrieve Facebook comments and show them in endless list adapter
1) Programming Cloud Services for Android Handheld Systems: Submitted Quiz 6 and Assignment 2 in the past Sunday. The new assignment looked challenging at first after reading the README file and going through the source codes. Fortunately, code examples provided oAuth2 package that could directly use in the Gradle project. Furthermore, no effort to write CRUD methods to retrieve records from database because Spring Framework’s CRUDRespository class generates them automatically. My solution was create a Spring Controller to expose methods to receive HTTP requests from users. Then, the requests were delegated to CRUDRespository subclass to retrieve data and return it to users. Very simple!!!!
2) Start my third AngularJS project that adds photo albums to store pictures taken in Open source Workshops and local meetup groups. This time, the project is bootstrap by Yeoman and Gulp because Matthew told me Gulp is better build system than Grunt. After using angular-gulp-generator to generate the skeleton project, I have to agree with his assessment.
1) Reproducible Research: Enroll Signature Track to earn my third Verified Certificate in Data Science Specialization.
2) Pattern-Oriented Software Architectures: Programming Mobile Services for Android Handheld Systems: Earn my second Verified Certificate in Mobile Cloud Computing with Android Specialization.
3) Advanced Competitive Strategy: Completed all 7 quizzes and open book final examination.
4) Programming Cloud Services for Android Handheld Systems: Submitted 5 quizzes and assignment 1. Assignment 2 was released but I cannot start until I watch all the videos of week 6. This course uses Spring framework to implement cloud services and instructor has covered Spring controller, Spring repository, Spring security, Spring data and Spring Rest.
5) Deploy my second AngularJS size project to http://quiet-chamber-1998:herokuapp.com.
Show custom markers of pick-up locations on Google Map.
Call Google Map Direction Service to render route.
Allow user to input unlimited addresses to draw route to Hong Kong Science Park
Define simple Restful API in NodeJS + Express Router
Use Yeoman and Grunt to bootstrap AngularJS project.
1) Exploratory Data Analysis: Enrol Signature Track to earn my second Verified Certificate in Data Science Specialization.
2) Reproducible Research: Unfortunately I have to drop the course because of time constraint. I will definitely retake it in July iteration.
3) Pattern-Oriented Software Architectures: Programming Mobile Services for Android Handheld Systems: Completed Quiz 4 to 7 and Assignment 5 to 7. Assignment 1 to 5 were graded and awarded 100% in all of them. Next week’s plan is to watch Video lectures of week 8 and complete both quiz and assignment.
4) Advanced Competitive Strategy: Week 1 started this week and I have already finished watching all videos.
5) Continue to work on my first AngularJS project. The last outstanding item is to call FourSquare API to retrieve photo of the place and display it in the page
6) Follow tutorial to create a simple AngularJS + Firebase application. The link to the tutorial is Angular JS + Firebase tutorial.
6) Plan to use AngularJS + Firebase to plot OOCL shuttle bus routes on Google Map.
1) Show markers of various pick-up location.
2) Show travelling time to Science Park
3) Let user input address and locate the first three nearest pick-up locations
4) Store data in FireBase (Hopefully, I don’t get fired for disclosing company information)