- Android – Dashboard design pattern implementation
- How to create popup window in android
- Ad-sense Integration in Android : Display add into Android Application
- Android for the Busy Developer: Free 12-Lesson Course
- Learn Node JS Interactively
- Android ListView example with Image and Text
- Android Full App, Part 6: Customized list view for data presentation
- Android ListView – Tutorial and basic example
- Android ListView context menu: ActioBar ActionMode.CallBack
- Node.js: A Jumpstart for Devs
- Streams tagged with Android
- Android Tutorial: Using the ViewPager
1) Linear and Integer Programming: Submitted part 1 and part 2 of Week 2 programming assignment. Both parts are written in Scala and borrow matrix concepts taught in Coding the Matrix course.
2) Coding the Matrix: Statement of Accomplishment with Distinction received today (2013-09-16). The final grade is 99.8% and I forgot I lost 0.2% in week 1 assignment.
3) Linear and Integer Programming: Week 3 videos and Homework 3 released. This week covers simplex method and auxiliary problem.
4) Linear and Integer Programming: Completed Homework 3 (2013-09-20). Use my favorite solver, Octave, to solve question 1, 2, 4 and 5.
5) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Unit 3 videos released and the topic is how to build a metadata schema using Dublin Core, HTML and XML as examples. Finally, something I can relate to because I have working experience in XML and HTML technologies.
6) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Completed Homework 3 and earned 15/15 in my third attempt (2013-09-20).
7) Recommender System: Videos of Module 3 were released. I am just going to audit this course because my schedule is packed once again.
8) Signed up on CaltechX: CS1156x: Learning From Data . I hope I don’t drop it like I dropped Saas II. I heard it is an excellent machine learning course (probably as good as Andrew Ng’s machine learning course at Coursera).
9) M101JS: MongoDB for Node.js Developers: Week 6 Homework was released in the past Tuesday. I completed the first 4 questions last night and finished the fifth one today (2013-09-20).
10) Learn to install unbuntu 13.04 on Virtual Box because I need it to complete the last assignment and final exam of M101JS: MongoDB for Node JS Developers.
11) An ex-colleague introduced Vagrant to me and it offers a quick way to set up ubuntu 64-bit in Virtual box.
1) Linear and Integer Programming: Watched week 2 video lectures (Simplex Method).
2) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Watched week 2 video lectures (Dublin Core).
3) Introduction to Recommender System: Submitted Written Assignment 1
4) Linear and Integer Programming: Submitted Pivoting Assignment #1. Still need to do Program the Pivot: part 1 and part 2 (Will use Scala to complete the assignment because I need to brush up the language before Reactive Programming course commences in November).
5) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Submitted Homework 2 and earned 15/15 in third attempt (Thanks to the hints from TA and fellow classmates).
6) Introduction to Recommender System: Begin to watch week 2 video lectures.
7) M102: MongoDB for DBA – Downloaded Certification of Completion and joined LinkedIn M102 Alumni Group.
8) M101JS: MongoDB for Node JS Developers – Completed Homework 5 (Aggregation).
9) M101J: MongoDB for Java Developers – Completed Final Exam tonight (2013-09-12). Questions will be graded on September 24, 2013 and I aim at 9/10. I am confident of my answers except question 5. I got it wrong in M101P exam and did not bother to watch the answer video. The same question appears again and I have no idea which options to choose.
All MongoDB university courses are great and I hope many people feel the same way I do.
10) Continue to work on my simple Android Application.
— Create an activity to load Fevawork course pages in WebView. The WebView shows progress status during page loading and built-in zoom tool to enable user to resize page. Moreover, the activity listens to backspace and triggers WebView to return to previous page if previous page exists.
— TODO: Load course records from sqlite database and implement operations to add, delete update courses.
1) Dropped Microeconomics Principles due to heavy schedule.
2) Linear and Integer Programming, Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information and Introduction to Recommender Systems start this week. Video lectures are published in course websites but I haven’t had time to watch them yet.
3) Linear and Integer Programming Course: Completed Assignment 1 and Assignment 2 tonight (2013-09-04)
4) MetaData: Completed Homework 1 and scored 15/15 on my third attempt. (2013-09-05)
5) Recommender System: Watched videos of module 1
6) M102 Final Exam is graded and final mark is calculated. My final exam mark is 11 out of 12 and final course grade is 96%, good for distinction. Now, I patiently wait for course survey and invitation to LinkedIn M102 Alumi Group.
7) Completed M101J Homework 6 (Application Engineering). They give us Homework 6 of M101P and even the validation script is Python.
8) Completed M101JS Homework 4 (Performance). HW4 of M101P is reused in this course and I am a little disappointed because I expect different questions from the instructor and tutor.
9) Continue to work on my simple Android Application.
– Add 3 tabs and each tab is consisted of a list view and list view item is customized to display image view and text view.
– Add intent to call my mobile phone
– Add intent to send email to my Gmail account.
3) 10gen Education renamed to MongoDB University.
4) Completed M102 Final Exam. It is consisted of eleven questions and took me two days to complete. Exam result will be released on next Tuesday.
5) Completed M101J Homework 5 (Aggregation Framework). It is same as Homework 5 of M101P.
6) Completed M101JS Homework 3 (Implement add new post and new comment functionality). The asynchronous callback concept is unnatural to me to grasp right now. Give me several weeks and I should be comfortable of passing callback function to nodeJS function.
7) Begin Lesson 2 of CS253 Web Development. This week covers HTML controls, Http Request and Response that I have already learnt since 2006. However, Steve still teaches many new things that I did not know beforehand. My objective this weekend is to use Python and Webapp2 framework to write html pages and have them run in local google app engine.
8) Retake lesson 4 of Certificate in Google Android Application Development for Marketing Managers. Able to invoke Google Map API to show my home in Google Map in Marketing Jar.
9) Successfully write an Android Application to display Google Map. It should not be difficult given my Java background. Localize the application to English, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese.
1) Completed Coding Matrix Week 7 lab and Homework. Done with the course and wait for the issuance of the certificate.
2) Completed M102 Homework 6. Final Exam will be held next week.
3) Completed M101J Homework 4. Midway through the course.
4) Completed M101JS Homework 2. I am new to Node JS and need to refer to lesson examples to write Node JS programs to perform CRUD operation on MongoDB.
5) Upgrade to MongoDB 2.4.6 in local machine
1) Completed Quiz 1. 5 out of 7, decent score.
2) Did not submit Homework 1. Too busy currently and have to drop the course. I downloaded lecture videos of week 2 and 3 and will watch them when I have time.
1) No progress so far. Will watch videos of lecture 2 next week. The course is self-paced, so no pressure to meet deadline.
1) Learning how to write JAX-RS web service to retrieve JPA entities from H2 database.
2) Get an overview of Twitter Bootstrap and Knockout JS.
1) Completed Coursera: Competitive Strategy. Waiting for Statement of Accomplishment.
2) Received Coursera Machine Learning: Statement of Accomplishment.
3) Coursera Coding Matrix: Week 6 videos. Completed two labs and one homework. Almost done with the course.
4) Coursera Maps and the Geospatial Revolution: Missed Quiz 4. Will drop it because I am taking too many courses at the same time.
5) Received 10gen M101P: Certificate of Completion.
6) Completed M102 Homework 5. Two more weeks to go.
7) Completed M101J Homework 3. Midway through the course.
8) M101JS started on August 12, 2013 and completed Homework 1.
9) CS-169.2x Software as a Service started on August 13. (Falling behind, no time to watch videos)
Last night, I followed AppWidget tutorial on the Internet and wrote my first analog clock app widget in Android. Even though I was extremely exhausted, I did not give up and finally had it installed on my phone. When I saw the minute hand moved on the home screen for the first time, the sense of satisfaction was priceless. Hopefully, I can build a few more app widgets based on this experience.
Final Exam: 40
My reaction: Yes. Deserve a day rest. Go back to MongoDB world tomorrow night.
Final exam was submitted on past Thursday and I am waiting for the result to come out next week. According to the course website, the deadline of the exam is August 6, 9:00 AM HK time; it will be graded by autograder and posted the result in the progress tab of student portal.
I must achieve at least 65% to earn the certificate and it is no easy task. It is because the the weight of the exam is very high, namely 50%. If I underachieve in the final exam, my dream of attaining 10gen certificate will be burst.
The homework average is 42 out of 50; it has gone down a bit because I forgot to hand in assignments of week 1 and week 2. The exam is consisted of 10 questions, so I need to get at least 5 correct answers to achieve my goal.
I am skeptical because there are 3 questions I don’t know the answer. Even though I visit course discussion forum to look for hints and advice, nothing helpful has turned up. The 5 hand-on questions are straightforward but I have no way of verifying my answers. The JSON datasets used in the exam are so large that they make checking results extremely time consuming.
My fate rests on the final exam autograder. When next Tuesday arrives, I will know if I pass the course of not. Wish me luck!!!!