1) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Submitted Homework 5.
2) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Videos of week 6 released.
3) Linear and Integer Programming: Week 6 videos released.
4) Linear and Integer Programming: Finished watching week 5 video lectures and starting to work on homework 5. This assignment is consisted of 3 multiple choice questions and 1 programming question that needs to solve by a solver and my favorite solver is Octave.
5) Human Computer Interaction course started on Tuesday. I downloaded video lectures of the first two weeks to my android smartphone and will watch them whenever I have time.
6) Introduction to Recommender System: As predicted earlier, I was too lazy to write up homework assignment 3 and did not turn it in. This action costs me 6 marks and hurts my chance of earning Certificate of Completion. I better start homework assignment 4 early and not miss future homework assignments.
7) CS1156: Learning From Data: Submitted Homework 1 and the total score is 9/10. The final grade does not tell the whole story because I worked really hard to get the PLA code to work correctly in Python and LionSolver. The questions asked students to calculate disagreement that is the P(f != g); I took advice from class forum and calculated the probability by Monte Carlo method. If Homework 2 is any harder, I should look for online references and machine learning references at nearby public library. Did I mention it is a first-year undergraduate course? (Sigh)
8) M101JS: MongoDB for Node.js Developers: Certification of Completion issued today (2013-10-09) Thanks Andrew and the staff of MongoDB for teaching these courses for free. Now, I understand why MongoDB gains so much hype in IT industry and it is really the next big thing.
9) Attended week 3 of IOS Course.
10) Attended week 2 of Windows 8 App Development Course.