2 total views
1) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Submitted Homework 4.
2) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Video of week 5 released.
3) Linear and Integer Programming: Submitted week 4 programming assignment. The level of difficulty keeps increasing in each programming assignment. Longer time is spent to augment code, debug program logic, run test cases and verify results. I pray to God that I have the strength and determination to go through the rigid schedule and materials in the next five weeks.
4) Linear and Integer Programming: Week 5 videos released but I still need to watch week 4 video lectures and attempt week 4 assignment. Damn, I am falling behind.
5) Linear and Integer Programming: Watched all week 4 video lectures and submitted homework assignment. The assignment is manageable because it is consisted of four short questions.
6) CS1156: Learning From Data started today and I already face issue. The tool, LionSolver, that is useful to solving homework assignments does not run on Linux platform. As a result, I have to install Wine on my ubuntu machine and run LionSolver in it. Thankfully, Oct 1 is public holiday in HK and I will use the extra free time to install software and watch some videos
7) CS1156: Week 1 already has two video lectures that play in the duration of 3 hours and 15 minutes. Homework has 10 multi choice questions that look difficult. I attempted 4 questions and got 3 right (sweat in my palms) and 6 to go.
7) M101JS: MongoDB for Node.js Developers: 10/10 in final exam and 100% overall grade.
8) M101J: MongoDB for Java Developers: Certification of Completion issued today (2013-10-03).
0 total views
1) MetaData: Organizing and Discovering Information: Must watch week 4 videos over the weekend because homework is due next Thursday (Oct 3).
3) Installed Ubuntu OS on my laptop last night and insanely using “apt-get install” command to install development tools and packages(git, python, octave and many more).
0 total views
1) Competitive Strategy: Statement of Accomplishment with Distinction released today. Thanks Tobias, you are a great teacher.
2) M101JS: MongoDB for Node JS Developers: Answered question 4-6 and 8-10. Got stuck at question 7 for hours last night (I cannot write a working Node JS script if my life hangs by a thread). Change of plan: Work on question 1 to 3 because they don’t need Node JS to solve. However, I really want to make my life miserable so I am going to use Node JS to obtain answers.
0 total views
1) Linear and Integer Programming: Week 4 videos and Homework 4 released.
2) Recommender System: Submitted Written Assignment 2 and Programming Assignment 1. Written Assignment 1 was peer-graded and surprisingly my grade is 6/6.
3) Recommender System: Watching lecture videos of module 3 and I have absolutely no clue how to tackle written assignment 3 and programming assignment 2. Module 3 is about content-based recommender that talks about user preferences, attributes and items. As usual, I have to watch the videos repeatedly until the concepts become clear to me.
4) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Unit 4 videos released and the topic is Alphabet Soup (What the heck does that mean?). I find this course boring and may consider to give it up to concentrate on current courses and upcoming machine learning course.
5) M101J: MongoDB for Java Developers: Final exam was autograded today (2013-09-24) and my fear became reality, I got question 5 wrong again (this is starting to get on my nerve). I better watch the answer video before I attempt M101JS final examination before deadline.
6) M101JS: MongoDB for Node.js Developers: Week 7 videos and final exam released today (2013-09-24).
0 total views
1) Linear and Integer Programming: Submitted part 1 and part 2 of Week 2 programming assignment. Both parts are written in Scala and borrow matrix concepts taught in Coding the Matrix course.
2) Coding the Matrix: Statement of Accomplishment with Distinction received today (2013-09-16). The final grade is 99.8% and I forgot I lost 0.2% in week 1 assignment.
3) Linear and Integer Programming: Week 3 videos and Homework 3 released. This week covers simplex method and auxiliary problem.
4) Linear and Integer Programming: Completed Homework 3 (2013-09-20). Use my favorite solver, Octave, to solve question 1, 2, 4 and 5.
5) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Unit 3 videos released and the topic is how to build a metadata schema using Dublin Core, HTML and XML as examples. Finally, something I can relate to because I have working experience in XML and HTML technologies.
6) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Completed Homework 3 and earned 15/15 in my third attempt (2013-09-20).
7) Recommender System: Videos of Module 3 were released. I am just going to audit this course because my schedule is packed once again.
8) Signed up on CaltechX: CS1156x: Learning From Data . I hope I don’t drop it like I dropped Saas II. I heard it is an excellent machine learning course (probably as good as Andrew Ng’s machine learning course at Coursera).
9) M101JS: MongoDB for Node.js Developers: Week 6 Homework was released in the past Tuesday. I completed the first 4 questions last night and finished the fifth one today (2013-09-20).
10) Learn to install unbuntu 13.04 on Virtual Box because I need it to complete the last assignment and final exam of M101JS: MongoDB for Node JS Developers.
11) An ex-colleague introduced Vagrant to me and it offers a quick way to set up ubuntu 64-bit in Virtual box.
0 total views
1) Linear and Integer Programming: Watched week 2 video lectures (Simplex Method).
2) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Watched week 2 video lectures (Dublin Core).
3) Introduction to Recommender System: Submitted Written Assignment 1
4) Linear and Integer Programming: Submitted Pivoting Assignment #1. Still need to do Program the Pivot: part 1 and part 2 (Will use Scala to complete the assignment because I need to brush up the language before Reactive Programming course commences in November).
5) Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information: Submitted Homework 2 and earned 15/15 in third attempt (Thanks to the hints from TA and fellow classmates).
6) Introduction to Recommender System: Begin to watch week 2 video lectures.
7) M102: MongoDB for DBA – Downloaded Certification of Completion and joined LinkedIn M102 Alumni Group.
8) M101JS: MongoDB for Node JS Developers – Completed Homework 5 (Aggregation).
9) M101J: MongoDB for Java Developers – Completed Final Exam tonight (2013-09-12). Questions will be graded on September 24, 2013 and I aim at 9/10. I am confident of my answers except question 5. I got it wrong in M101P exam and did not bother to watch the answer video. The same question appears again and I have no idea which options to choose.
All MongoDB university courses are great and I hope many people feel the same way I do.
10) Continue to work on my simple Android Application.
— Create an activity to load Fevawork course pages in WebView. The WebView shows progress status during page loading and built-in zoom tool to enable user to resize page. Moreover, the activity listens to backspace and triggers WebView to return to previous page if previous page exists.
— TODO: Load course records from sqlite database and implement operations to add, delete update courses.
2 total views
1) Dropped Microeconomics Principles due to heavy schedule.
2) Linear and Integer Programming, Metadata: Organizing and Discovering Information and Introduction to Recommender Systems start this week. Video lectures are published in course websites but I haven’t had time to watch them yet.
3) Linear and Integer Programming Course: Completed Assignment 1 and Assignment 2 tonight (2013-09-04)
4) MetaData: Completed Homework 1 and scored 15/15 on my third attempt. (2013-09-05)
5) Recommender System: Watched videos of module 1
6) M102 Final Exam is graded and final mark is calculated. My final exam mark is 11 out of 12 and final course grade is 96%, good for distinction. Now, I patiently wait for course survey and invitation to LinkedIn M102 Alumi Group.
7) Completed M101J Homework 6 (Application Engineering). They give us Homework 6 of M101P and even the validation script is Python.
8) Completed M101JS Homework 4 (Performance). HW4 of M101P is reused in this course and I am a little disappointed because I expect different questions from the instructor and tutor.
9) Continue to work on my simple Android Application.
– Add 3 tabs and each tab is consisted of a list view and list view item is customized to display image view and text view.
– Add intent to call my mobile phone
– Add intent to send email to my Gmail account.